Monday 3 January 2011

OPEN PLAN



Over the past couple of years I have been working closely with the dubstep night Open Plan based in Manchester. This has thrown a number of learning curves my way not least of these is the ability to compromise on your own concepts in order to reach a mutual outcome the client will be happy with.


Through this night I have been producing promotional posters and flyers but with the nights recent expansion into other areas of the genre I have been given the opportunity to also expand and develop different designs for promotion. This has also given me the chance to get my hand dirty again producing limited edition hand printed tee shirts as well as stencils for spraying and other forms of advertising. These for me are some of the most enjoyable processes within graphic design and although a little time consuming they are defiantly worth the out come especially if you are trying to promote a night as having something special and being a bit different.


Over the years we have attempted to use a couple of printing companies found on a search engine and had some bad luck at first when it came to the quality of the print. After a while of guerilla style print processes we turned to a company that lives up to its name "Stress Free Print" and have used these for the last couple of events. I still really enjoy the hands on approach and for last minute events and spray/screen stencils I still get to exercise this just not as often.



No comments:

Post a Comment