Monday 3 January 2011

CURB



Curb are a London based natural media company I've been in contact with over the past few months. As time had run short and due to traveling situations Richard Stote from Curb offered to chat to me over the phone.

One of his opening questions was based around where I wanted to be within the industry. Although this is a pretty obvious question and one I should be ready for I still found it throwing me slightly mostly because I'm not completely sure. I spoke about my interest within graphics and elements that I would love to work with and also about the long term goal of having my own space that would incorporate many different aspects of creativity through workshops and events that could benefit a creative community.

Over the conversation I learnt of the team of skilled artist Curb have been working with and felt a strong sense of respect from Richard as he spoke of them. This made me wish I had stronger illustration skills.

Richard's advise to anyone leaving education for the industry was focused on the here now and new advising me to constantly update myself on the latest methods, technologies and campaigns. In regards to the work process he offered interesting advice on leaving lines open talking about creating lines that you can choose to follow in the future. And last but far from least was yet again the advice on the importance of collaborating and communication or as Richard put it the "talk-ability tool".

No comments:

Post a Comment