Saturday 14 May 2011

Binary Box


I contacted The Binary Box by phone. They are a wall sticker company also working in bespoke sticker designs for clients.

I was surprised when I spoke to Chris when he said I could drop in a couple of days later. It was a complete contrast to what I have become accustomed to when contacting the industry.


The studio is run from a building complex hosting a variety of businesses so when I arrived at reception I waited to be greeted. When I got there James and Andy who are two of only four working at Binary Box met me. They took me to a couched area to sift through my portfolio and were impressed with the variety of work I had especially some of the screen-printing I produce in my spare time.


Once we’d chatted about my projects for a bit they to give me a tour of the studio and how it runs. It was good t see how a professional and fast expanding printing business could run from one average class size room. The thing I liked about the setup was that everyone did a little of everything from illustrating the vector designs to feeding and printing the stickers making everyday a little different. I like the idea of mixing up energy and focus this way; it keeps work from becoming stale.

After being shown how everything was run and helping out for a bit to peel stickers and find stock they told me tat they are often looking for volunteers and to give them a shout when I’ve got the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment