Thursday 24 March 2011

WALL BUTTING



During my attempts to ascertain a portfolio visit I have contacted so many different studios and to no prevail! Amongst these only a handful bothered to reply and of those only one asked to see a copy of my portfolio, of which would have to be a digital version as mounting deadlines meant they wouldn't have face time free for a while. The whole process has been fairly disheartening at points especially when my email is interpreted as me asking for a placement as apposed to just some tips advice. The majority of replies were thankful and friendly but held the point of having no placements available. It is a true lesson in persistence and if anything I feel as though it has given me more motivation and determination to hunt down these illusive designers!

Below were my favored studios and a few of many that did not reply:


These are the people that took the time to let me down nicely:

Janet Moses - WHY NOT ASSOCIATES

Tom Heaton - RAW

Samuel Netherwood - INFLUENCE

Paul Heaton - REFORM

Jo Garland - JACKNIFE

And then there were two. From it all there were two people that could spare any time at all it would seem, the first being Richard Stote from CURB from which I gained a good insight into what goes on in the studio; the second being Tony Moore from FRONT ROW that couldn't offer me any face time but was more than happy to look at a digital version when he got chance.



... and the search goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment